The Transitional Program offers practicum/internship training to students in clinical or counseling psychology from area graduate schools. Our contract is for 20 hours a week and one year of service, beginning and ending in early July.
The program emphasizes serious mental illness and long-term therapy with a varied adult population with a wide range of Axis I and Axis II diagnoses. Supervision is typically geared towards a psychodynamic approach, but all orientations are welcome and training staff will be supervised according to their preference.
please download our practicum information page here
Trainee Staff will gain experience in:
- Group psychotherapy
- Individual psychotherapy
- Psycho-educational instruction
- Stress reduction/relaxation instruction
Trainees will also participate in:
- Weekly individual supervision
- Weekly group supervision
- In-vivo supervision
- Didactic trainings
- Team building
- Annual project in an area of his/her interest
To apply for a practicum position:
- Submit the following documents by March 12, 2017. The Sooner the Better!
- Letter of intent
- Curriculum Vitae
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Graduate transcript
- Additional Materials may be submitted at the applicant's discretion and will be reviewed as time permits.
Mail items to:
Francis Allen, Ph.D.
463 College Ave
Palo Alto, CA 94306