The Transitional Program offers practicum/internship training to students in clinical or counseling psychology from area graduate schools. Our contract is for 20 hours a week and one year of service, beginning and ending in early July.
The program emphasizes serious mental illness and long-term therapy with a varied adult population with a wide range of Axis I and Axis II diagnoses. Supervision is typically geared towards an Integrative approach, but all orientations are welcome and training staff will be supervised according to their preference.
please download our practicum information page here
Trainee Staff will gain experience in:
- Group psychotherapy
- Individual psychotherapy
- Psycho-educational instruction
- Stress reduction/relaxation instruction
Trainees will also participate in:
- Weekly individual supervision
- Weekly group supervision
- In-vivo supervision
- Didactic trainings
- Team building
- Annual project in an area of his/her interest
To apply for a practicum position:
- Submit the following documents by February 20, 2019. The Sooner the Better!
- Letter of intent
- Curriculum Vitae
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Graduate transcript
- Additional Materials may be submitted at the applicant's discretion and will be reviewed as time permits.
Mail items to:
Francis Allen, Ph.D., DCT
463 College Ave
Palo Alto, CA 94306
Or by email to: DCT@transitionalprogram.org